Weaverville North Carolina, just minutes north of Asheville, is growing into an awesome suburb and foodie community. We walked through the town recently and visited these restaurants and local businesses.
1. Maggie B's Wine & Specialty Store - This is THE Wine stop on the northside of town. If we are in the North Asheville or Weaverville area, we love to stop in and check this place out. Lots of wine and snacks, including a beautiful seating area and right in the middle of downtown Weaverville.
2. The Glass Onion - We have not personally eaten here yet, but it is definitely on our bucket list. Several friends said they love the food and atmosphere.
3. Jack of Hearts - This is an "extension" of Jack of the Wood in downtown Asheville and has made a nice splash in the Weaverville community. Great experience every time we have been there, yum food, and lots of local and craft beer on tap!
4. Stoney Knob Cafe - This is the foodie must stop in the Weaverville NC area. Folks drive from Asheville, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee regularly to eat here.
5. Well Bred Bakery & Cafe - Whether you are looking for desserts, coffees or a light meal, Well Bred is always the perfect choice. A great business meeting spot in the Weaverville area!
6. Blue Mountain Pizza - Awesome food, beer, atmosphere and some bluegrass music. Love coming here for lunch or dinner. Pizza is Yum!
7. Mike's on Main Street - Here is a place to get lunch.. a delicious All American Joint... burger and sandwich shop. Ate here several times and had meetings here too. They have inside seating as well as a private deck in the rear.
8. Athen's Restaurant - This is a Greek spot on the northside of town that cooks lunch and dinner in a less commercialized manner. I have not been here in 2 years, but it is usually full when we pass by.
9. Granny's Kitchen - The BEST Bacon, Egg & Cheese I can find in the area!! This is a small greasy spoon restaurant that serves a great breakfast, lunch and some homemade desserts.
10. Poppy's Kitchen - This place is another greasy spoon diner, but a little more countrified than Granny's. I have eaten here a few times for a quick lunch or breakfast.
11. Weaverville Milling Company - We have eaten here several times and it is a good spot. Most of us enjoy the little "Milling House" experience, food is okay too.
If you are in the area, stop by and check some of these places out!